It’s been an exciting couple of months for Kentico, with the recent 404 Conference in Las Vegas and the subsequent launch of Kentico Cloud.
But now, here comes Kentico 10, the latest release of the ASP.NET CMS platform. If you were lucky enough to join Kentico in Vegas, you’ll have been treated to a demo of all its shiny new features, and if not – no worries, as we’ll cover everything you need to know…
So, what’s new?
The key message here is that Kentico is positioning this new release as an ‘enterprise ready’ web content management system. The platform has listened to the needs of digital marketers, developers, and content creators, and has looked at how it can help complete their tasks more quickly and efficiently, and to maximise the features of the CMS.
Kentico has focused on three key elements to assist with in its latest release: increasing productivity, providing context, and offering scalability. The following features aim to achieve this:
- Cross-site contact profiles – marketers can now share relevant data across web properties, and gain a complete view of customers and their activities to give them what they’re looking for.
- Email campaigns – marketers are no longer tied into creating newsletters for an entire contact group – instead, they can create new ad-hoc email campaigns to quickly send to contacts or contact groups. Kentico 10 also assigns each contact an email marketing status for a simpler overview of data.
- Web forms and MVC development – developers now have the power to develop the way they want, with new support for both web forms and MVC development across the board.
- 10x capability and speed – Kentico 10 can support more than 100 million contacts and 1 billion activities, and can tackle projects big or small. It also now has 50% faster load and response times.
- Email marketing dashboard – using advanced Power BI capabilities, Kentico now enables marketers to get the most out of their email marketing insights via one interactive, customisable, user-friendly dashboard.
Why do we like the look of Kentico 10?
Firstly, the improvements to speed and usability better positions the platform for enterprise clients, including Fortune 500 companies. It means much better performance and scalability, and we like the sound of that!
Speaking to CMSWire, Karol Jarkovsky, Kentico’s Director of Product, said: “our view is that it’s not about how many features you can cram into a product, but rather understanding how digital marketers work and building a platform that’s easy for them to use and enables them to get jobs done faster”.
And we think Kentico 10 has achieved this through its number of appealing new features and improvements.
The improvements to speed and usability better positions the platform for enterprise clients, including Fortune 500 companies
What’s so good about Kentico?
If you’re not already using Kentico CMS or EMS, you might be wondering what all the fuss is about.
Kentico is recognised as the affordable and extendable choice for web development projects, and now the size or audience doesn’t matter thanks to Kentico 10. It’s the only fully integrated ASP.NET CMS, ecommerce, and online marketing platform that gives you the freedom to concentrate on creating cutting-edge websites and optimise your digital customers’ experiences fully across multiple channels.
With over 12 years on the market, and 25,000+ active websites, Kentico has had a hugely successful year, especially with its recent feature on not one, but two Gartner Magic Quadrants, naming it as both a Challenger for Web Content Management, and a Niche Player for Horizontal Portals.
This has been a big year for Kentico, and we look forward to seeing growing success for the platform.
So, what’s next for Kentico?
Word on the grapevine is that the team have started working on Kentico 11, and that improvements will be more focused on integrations. Kentico will also look to improve the visualisation of data to make marketers’ jobs easier, as well as a better way of building marketing emails.
How can Ridgeway help you?
We’re a leading Kentico Gold Partner, and have been working with the team for years helping to shape the future evolution of the solution based on client needs.
Talking about Kentico’s latest release, our Technical Director, Jim Hey, says: ‘We’re really excited about the new features including the increased coverage in terms of continuous integration support, MVC, and performance and scalability – they’ll make a really positive difference to our work on clients’ projects’.
We’ve provided solutions for leading brands including Twinings, HMV, and The De Beers Group and have won multiple Kentico Site of the Year awards, including this year’s award for Largest Site and Best Ecommerce Site for our client HMV.
Why not get in touch with our friendly team for a demo of Kentico 10?